It is a pocket-sized computer, aimed at taeching and learning phyical computing. It is 70 times smaller and 18 times faster than the original BBC Micro computers used in schools in the 1980s
- It has 25 red LED lights that can flash messages and be used to create games.
- There are two programmable buttons that can be used to control games or pause and skip songs on a playlist.
- It has an accelerometer so it can detect motion and knows when you're on the move.
- The built-in compass knows which direction you're heading in and...
- It can use a low energy Bluetooth connection to interact with other devices and the Internet. You can find more information on the hardware in our guide.
Here is an introduction to the device from the microbit.org website