Ensure makecode.microbit.org is whitelisted within your firewall. Talk to your local IT support if you think it may be blocked.
The latest update to the editor is scheduled for .
Where to find updates
Updates to the Makcode Editor can be found on the product blog. The latest feature release (Oct 26th 2018) includes:
- New Home Page with recent projects, tutorials and examples
- Updated look-and-feel of the Blocks
- Inline block expansion/collapse for If Then and Array blocks
- Simplified variable creation process
- Support for floating point arithmetic
- The default MakeCode micro:bit editor that you access at https://makecode.microbit.org, will look like the current beta version.
- The first time you visit the new editor, your existing projects from the previous editor will be automatically copied over.
- All the blocks should be in the same place they were before and called the same thing.
- All of your previous programs will all work in the new version.
Access to the previous version of the editor
You’ll still be able access the old version at https://makecode.microbit.org/v0 for the next two years.
Win 10 App
If you use the MakeCode for micro:bit Windows 10 app, you’ll also get the updated release on October 26th.
For publishers, curriculum creators, or educators with custom lesson plans who may have screenshots or images of the old editor – feel free to start updating your content and materials to match with the new editor. The design is locked at this point and there will be no more changes between now and release.
keywords for search: changes, makecode, blocks, editor update