micro:bit iOS App, release 3 was made available on 18th December 2017.
- Compared with previous versions, the micro:bit app Version 3 contains these additional features:
- Pair with any number of micro:bits
- Choose which micro:bit is currently connected
- Store HEX files in the app
- Choose a HEX file for flashing
- Export and delete HEX files
- Monitor data detected by micro:bit sensors
- Use the range of micro:bit Bluetooth services in real time
- Display messages on the micro:bit LEDs
- Send control commands to the micro:bit buttons and pins
- De-bug your program code while it is running in the micro:bit
- Use a simulated gamepad to send commands to the micro:bit
- View camera images ready for taking photos or video
As well as providing more flexible handling of your program scripts and HEX files, a major addition in Version 3 is the Monitor and Control page. This lets you observe real-time data from the micro:bit sensors, send messages directly to the LEDs and control the micro:bit buttons and pins from your iPad or iPhone. Monitor is ideal for exploiting Bluetooth services in real time, and for de-bugging your program code while it is running in the micro:bit.