Version 2 (python.microbit.org)
Version 2 of The Python Editor will see a number of changes including:
- Improvements to the user interface
- A new Load/Save dialogue that also facilitates access to Files and Modules
- Updated help and links to issues and feedback
- A button to let you change languages in the editor and add translations
- WebUSB When using a browser that supports WebUSB, like Google Chrome or the latest Edge Beta, the options for connecting to and interacting with your micro:bit in the browser will be enabled.
Read more about the update in the Python Editor version 2 article
Due to a technical limitation in the software you may experience data loss if you are sending data over serial at a high rate.
We continue to test our new features in The Python Editor beta including:
Beta Options Menu
- Enable/disable Autocomplete. A toggle here lets you enable or disable the Autocomplete function and optionally whether to complete the line on pressing enter or not.
- Enable/Disable Quick Flash. This is a feature that facilitates rapid updating of the micro:bit, by only updating the code that has changed in the program. The process used is called 'partial flashing'. There is a technical description of this process in the MakeCode Editor reference