To migrate a program from a legacy editor, download it as a hex file but instead of copying it to your micro:bit, drag and drop it onto the new editor.
To updated a saved hex file (for example for the motion sensor change) the Javscript Blocks Editor
- In a new browser tab, open your program in https://makecode.microbit.org/v0
- In another new tab open the beta editor https://makecode.microbit.org
- In your first tab choose Download to save your script as a .hex file
- Select your second tab and drag the downloaded file from the Downloads folder into the Blocks edit window and you're done!
To update a file from Microsoft Blocks/TouchDevelop/Python
You can download your scripts from microbit.co.uk before it is removed, and you can also export migrate them to the new editors.
- In a new browser tab, open the legacy editor or your script at https://www.microbit.co.uk/app and select the program you wish to migrate.
- Select the Migrate to microbit.org button to open it in the relevant editor at makecode.microbit.org or python.microbit.org and you are done!
Once in the new editor, click the 'Download' button to ensure you have a local copy.
Please note that the new editors simplifies the way scripts are saved (you are responsible for saving your scripts where you want to store them) and so 'migrating' them alone doesn't ensure they will be available after January 1st 2019. You should still after export to ensure you have a local copy. You can do this by pressing the 'Download' button the new editor
These scripts have to be manually migrated/recoded. If you would like help with this, please raise a support ticket.
Still having issues?
Please report any issues with the export or import process by raising a support ticket.