You can save code however you prefer; on a USB stick, on your computer or on a cloud service like OneDrive or Google Drive.
In the MakeCode Editor your code is saved automatically in the browser, but you can:
- Download your .hex file,using the download button in the bottom left of the screen, so you can flash it to the micro:bit.
- Rename your project in your projects folder. Clicking on the disk icon to the right of the text area will also download the .hex file with the new name.
- Share your code publicly in a message, tweet, email or embed it in a blog post by clicking on the share link and copying the URL that you are given
In the Python Editor you can:
- Download the .hex file to flash to your micro:bit
- Load/Save the .py or file to use in another editor