This article describes the changes being made to the microbit.org website.
In March 2020, the new website was made live. It better supports teachers of digital skills, whether they're subject specialists or just getting started, with brand new original content written by experts in education and physical computing:
- Get started animated videos
- First steps guides explaining the micro:bit from first use to features in-depth.
- 49 quick projects in MakeCode, Python & Scratch, and longer design challenges which you can filter by level, device feature and topics for computing and other subjects.
- 12 new units of work, curriculum-linked lessons for ages 7-14, all downloadable and editable.
- All content is free and available without logins or passwords.
Can I access the old site?
You can find the old website at the archive.microbit.org. We haven’t set a date to take the old website down but we will give plenty of notice on the old homepage before we do.
Why is this changing?
We’ve introduced sets of original content that are immediately available to access on microbit.org.
We created consistently designed resources intended to offer a simple and quick user experience that we hope will become familiar and popular with micro:bit beginners and micro:bit lovers and leaders.