micro:bit LIVE virtual is a free online event where you can hear from more than 80 educators, researchers, and technical developers from 28 countries about their work with the BBC micro:bit in the last year. You will find out about the latest innovations and best practice in the micro:bit community.
This article provides information and help for people attending the event.
Is it too late to register for micro:bit LIVE virtual 2021?
No. Tickets are free, but limited. Register now
What should I do if I’m experiencing difficulty logging in or joining a Session?
Here are a few quick troubleshooting tips to access sessions successfully:
- Use the recommended browser (Google Chrome).
- Make sure that your browser is up to date.
- Refresh your page:
- Windows: Ctrl + F5
- Mac: Command + Shift + R
- Clear your browser's cache:
- Chrome: Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Clear data
- Access the page in an incognito window. (Ctrl + Shift + N)
- Restart your device.
- Check your internet connection/speed.
- Enable pop-ups in your browser.
- Disable any firewalls or VPNs. (e.g malware, AVG)
Still having problems? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick assistance during the event.
How can I improve the streaming quality of my video and audio?
Close all tabs in your browser except the micro:bit LIVE 2021 virtual tab.
- Be sure no other video or audio is playing in the background on your device.
- Close unnecessary applications.
Will my audio and video be activated when I enter Hopin?
Will the sessions be recorded?
Most sessions will be recorded and available to re-watch during and after the event. During the 32-hour event visit the Replay area on the left-hand side of the platform to find recorded sessions. After micro:bit LIVE 2021 virtual is over, visit the Micro:bit Educational Foundation YouTube channel. Recorded sessions will be available on YouTube by mid-December.
What browser do you recommend for micro:bit LIVE?
We recommend the latest version of Google Chrome.
Where can I view presentations on the Hopin platform?
The Stage is where you can watch opening and closing keynote presentations.
- Sessions are where 35-minute interactive presentations and 5-minute lightning talks take place. You can join a Session 5 minutes prior to the start time.
- The Expo is an area where you can learn about micro:bit projects happening world-wide.
- Replay is an area where you can watch sessions that happened earlier in the event.
The Stage and Sessions areas will be live between the following times:
The Expo and Replay areas will be available throughout the entire event:
Friday, December 3 at 12:00PM GMT to Saturday, December 4 at 8:00 PM GMT.
Do you have any closed-captioning or translations available for this event?
Can I translate the Hopin platform navigation into a different language?
Where can I view the schedule?
Once you have entered the event in Hopin, visit the Reception area to see the schedule.
How does the Networking area work?
The Networking area allows you to meet someone new at the conference. After entering the networking area, you’ll be randomly paired with someone for three minutes to interact using your audio and video. You can leave the conversation at any time.
I need to report abuse of the Micro:bit Educational Foundation code of conduct. What should I do?
We are committed to ensuring a safe and fun event for everyone. If you’ve observed or experienced something during the event that makes you feel uncomfortable or worried, please write to us immediately for a quick response. Include screenshots (if possible) and key details of your concern. Please write to email@example.com
How can I get involved with micro:bit LIVE 2022?
Would you like to help us improve the micro:bit LIVE virtual experience next year? We think we can do more to better serve attendees and speakers, and we know that we can't do it alone. Register your interest for micro:bit LIVE 2022 here.