Swift Playgrounds works on iPads with iOS 11 and newer on iPad Air, Air 2 and 5th-gen iPad, iPad Mini 2, 3, 4 and all iPad Pros and also on Mac computers running macOS 10.15.3 or later.
Download the Swift Playgrounds app
Get the 'Intro to the BBC micro:bit' book
You can add the "Intro to the BBC micro:bit" Swift Playground book by subsribing to the URL https://microbit.org/swift-playgrounds/feed.json
into the Add subscription text field and tap "Subscribe"
5. The Playground will now appear under the heading "micro:bit" in the My Playgrounds menu.
Prepare your micro:bit
- Connect your micro:bit to your computer using USB
- Download the latest Bluetooth control hex file
- Drag-and-drop the file to your micro:bit to copy it
- Your micro:bit is now ready to be used for Swift Playgrounds
Using the Playground
The app contains all the instructions you need to get coding. Once you've downloaded the book on your iPad and have prepared your micro:bit, open the micro:bit book and tap 'Let's Start Coding'. Tap 'Pair micro:bit' to begin pairing your micro:bit with your iPad.